Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to your treatment (i.e. pregnancy, heart problems, artificial heart valves and joints, or severe disease) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental appointments (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med).
To aid in relaxation and comfort during treatment appointments we offer:
- Netflix or Pandora on bluetooth headphones
- Pillows and blankets to keep you comfy
- “Laughing” gas (Nitrous oxide) or oral sedation (Valium-family medicine), for patients who have dental anxiety.
- *Please inform us upon scheduling if you require either “laughing” gas or oral sedation.
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request that they forward them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our office.